Fuel prices are a common topic in the media at the moment, so here are a few tips to help you minimise the amout of fuel you use and in turn maximise fuel efficiency, be kinder to the environment and save you money.
1. Make sure that you have the correct tyre pressure in your tyres. You can check this on your tyre placard which is most commonly located on the inside panel of the drivers door.
2. Do not carry excessive weight in your car. Keep your boot empty of things that you do not need.
3. Remove roof racks when not in use.
4. Keep your car serviced and change the oil regularly.
5. Accelerate at a moderate pace when you take off from the lights and drive consistently rather than accelerating and braking heavily
6. Use a higher Octane Petrol